Pages

Hickam Beach

Less than ten minutes away from our hotel is Hickam Beach.  I'm already in love with this little stretch of water and sand.


Both times we've gone it's been beautiful and peaceful.  *COUGH* With the exception of my demons ladies throwing sand at each other and inciting the rage of some woman. *COUGH*

It's neat because to the right there is a view of Honolulu Airport and can see the flights take off.  I thought it would be unbearably loud but it's not at all.


Kayaks and paddle boards can be rented from a little MWR shack.  S and I went tried to rent paddle boards but the clerk chuckled when we said we had never taken a class and said the water was too rough for a first time.  I wanna call bullshit on all of that.  I think he just didn't want to rent us the boards because he thought he would have to come in and save us.

Something to watch out for is to the left of the beach are some restricted buildings.  So I won't be letting my ladies wander around without adult supervision.  I love them and for the most part I trust them, but I can't let their kiddo curiosity get the best of them.


To the right of the beach is a restaurant/bar.  I haven't been yet but I hope to go soon.  Cross your fingers for yummy blue cocktails!  If they aren't good the best thing about the beach is that it's a wet beach, meaning alcoholic beverages are allowed as long as they aren't in glass containers.  Yay!

I foresee many days, afternoons, and evenings here in my future. 

No comments :

Post a Comment