Pages

Friday Evening Drive to North Shore



Ticklebug and I were bored Friday night so we decided on a whim to take a drive to the other side of the island and visit the North Shore.  We had no plans or intentions, just some Hawaiian go with the flow mentality.

The view on the drive up was absolutely beautiful!  For real, pictures do not do it justice.




The only thing we had hoped to see were some sea turtles along the shore.  Sadly, none were out.  The water ended up being too choppy.  Sea turtles prefer when the water is calm (or at least that's what the interwebs told me).  for was spotting some sea turtles along the beach, but none were out.  The water was too choppy for hat the no swimming flag was posted.  That didn't stop some surfers from going out and catching waves.

My anxiety went up a notch watching the surfers because the beach is full of huge rocks.  It's gorgeous, but looks very dangerous.


We stopped in at Uncle Bo's Pupu Bar and Grill since it was one of the highest rated restaurants on Yelp.  Honestly, I insisted we go because it when I looked at the description it said traditional.  In my mind I was thinking traditional Hawaiian, not mainland traditional.  I was a bit disappointed (fish tacos too dry (hahahahahahahaha, I'm a 13 year old boy) and my cocktail was dusted with something odd) but Ticklebug and the ladies loved their meals.

Looking around the interwebs after the fact I know for sure that we will be going the route of food trucks next time we visit the North Shore.  They have the best reviews and I typically like hole in the wall places more than chains.

I'm not sure when we will go back but when we do I plan on having a better plan on what to do.  One stop for sure will be the beach again. Check out this view!


Isn't that beautiful!?  No filter or anything.  I can't wait to go back!

No comments :

Post a Comment