Pages

Things I don't understand in Hawaii - Selling of Winter Clothing

On a shopping trip this weekend with some girlfriends I noticed that many stores had big, fat, heavy, jackets for sale.


To make matters even more confusing there were no short sleeve shirts that were being sold in this store either.  We are living on an island.  Why in the world do we need big, fat, heavy, jackets?  I don't get it.  In the two months that we've lived here I've worn jeans once and I was ridiculously hot.

Sunlight during the shopping trip.  It was hot as balls, in November.
 Can someone please explain to me the point of having winter clothing on the island?  Don't say "Maybe it's out for people to purchase when they go back to the mainland."  I considered this, it still doesn't make sense.  How many people are going to purchase big heavy jackets?  It certainly can't be enough to make a profit!  Don't say, "They are on vacation in Hawaii and bought a jacket to take back home" either.  Nope, can't be the case.  Everything in Hawaii is more expensive, if you did that.  You're dumb.  Sorry, not sorry.

That's it.  I have nothing really relevant to say.  I just wanted to share my confusion. :) Happy Monday!

No comments :

Post a Comment