Pages

Buying the Diva Cup

I've been thinking about making the switch to the diva cup.  If you don't know what that is, to put it bluntly, it's a silicone cup that is inserted into your vagina to collect all the blood. 

Size 2 for those of us with loose vaginas that have given birth.
If you want additional details you can click here.  The reason I've been considering the switch is just because I'm tired of having to remember to buy tampons and pads.  I'm also tired of dropping hundreds of dollar a year in disposable yuckiness. 

via
I decided just to go ahead and purchase it so that whenever the time comes if I wish to try it it's there, waiting for me.

I went with Ticklebug the first time to Target to find it with no luck.  He wasn't exactly patient and willing to help search the feminine hygiene section thoroughly.  I later went with S to pick it up along with some random beachy type things for the weekend.  Of course, S found it right away.

Walking around Target I was telling S how nervous I was to try out the diva cup.  She said, "Don't worry.  I'll walk you through it and hold your hand."  I retorted, "Oh, so you're going to be there when I insert the cup in my vagina?'  Without hesitation she said, "Sure!"  I honestly wouldn't be surprised if she was there lol.  She was with me the first time I got my va jay jay waxed.  

While we were at the cash register we noticed the young man ringing up our items examining the box.  I felt a little awkward, and since I don't know how to handle awkward situations without being more awkward I said, "Yea, that's a cup for my vagina."  The man's eyes widened and said, "OH!  I thought it was a type of shot glass!"  To make it even worse I said, "Yup, shots out of the vagina cup with all our beach gear."  S chimes in, "And little fishy snacks!"  He laughed and thanked us for being his most fun customers of the night.  As we were walking away he yelled out to me, "Good luck with that cup thing!" 

As if that wasn't enough as we were leaving Target the sensor alert goes off.  S and I stood there waiting for someone to come, which no one did.  S said, "I bet it's your vagina cup that's going off.  There is a sensor on it so people don't steal them."  I said, "People want to steal that thing!?"  I guess it does make sense, the damn thing was $40.  It does seem expensive but in the long run it really isn't.  It pretty much pays for itself within a few months.

While S and I were driving home we talked about the cups and decided to give them names.  Hers is Fauna and mine is Merryweather, after the fairies in Sleeping Beauty, S's favorite Disney Princess.  We are currently searching for our third diva cup fairy sister, Flora.  Any takers?



Oh, if you want some entertainment, check out this beauty! Click me!  It's pretty much what I'm thinking about the cup and what I'll hopefully think after I use it.

No comments :

Post a Comment